This online Alberta Basic Security Training Course, or ABST, consists of seven (7) Modules. Students must complete all modules, logging a minimum total of 40hrs and then an online provincial exam under the supervision of a proctor with 80% or above to receive provincial certification and apply for a Security License in Alberta.
Upon completion of our Alberta Security License Course, participants will have working knowledge of the Security Industry and should be able to:
- Describe the specific roles and responsibilities of a Security Professional.
- Explain Federal and Provincial Legislation and Regulations in relation to the work of a Security Professional
- List and describe the knowledge and skill sets required to perform Basic Security Patrol duties.
- Understand and apply a professional and effective style of communication in order to manage and control incidents.
- Demonstrate exceptional proficiency and accuracy in note-taking and Security Report Writing.
Click here for our Alberta Security Guard Exam Process and Cancellation Policy.
The outcome for this program is intended to instill course participants with knowledge and skill sets in the following areas:
- Introduction to the Professional Security Industry.
- The Canadian Legal System and Security Professionals.
- Basic Security Procedures.
- Communication for Security Professionals.
- Documentation and Evidence.
- Emergency Response Procedures for Security Professionals.
- Health and Safety for Security Professionals.
Who Can Benefit From This Course
Security service workers monitor, patrol and guard private property and protect people. In Alberta, you must be licensed to work as a:
- Security Guard
- Patrol Dog Handler
- Alarm Response
- Loss Prevention Worker
- Body Guard
Licences are issued under the Security Services and Investigators Act by Alberta Justice and Solicitor General.