Weekly Review: October 10th-16th
New & Upcoming Courses
- 80-hour Emergency Medical Responder Markham, ON
Dates: November 5-6, November 12-13, November 19-20, November 26-27, December 3
Contact Rescue 7 (905-474-0770) to ensure you have the proper prerequisites
- SFA/CPR/AED Edmonton, AB; October 20-21 8:30a-4:30p
- SFA/CPR/AED Windsor, ON; October 26-27 8:30a-4:30p
- SFA/CPR/AED Saskatoon, SK; November 24-25 8:30a-4:30p
- As of April 1st, 2015, you are required to have training through a MOL-approved training provider if you work on a construction project and use any of the following methods of fall protection:
- November 10th, 8:30am-4:30pm, Rescue 7 head office (Markham)
- November 21st, 8:30am-4:30pm, Rescue 7 head office (Markham)
- December 12th, 8:30am-4:30pm, Rescue 7 head office (Markham)
- January 20th, 8:30am-4:30pm, Rescue 7 head office (Markham)
The team at the Dave Mounsey Memorial Fund is one we are constantly proud to work with. On Saturday, November 5th, you have a chance to help them raise even MORE money to donate defibrillators, in honour of fallen soldiers.
Patrick Armstrong is proud to announce that the 7th Annual Dancing With The Stars of 911 is moving ahead quickly — and you could be in attendance! This year, there are seven great dancing couples from the Royal Canadian Navy, Ontario Provincial Police, London Fire Department, Middlesex-London EMS and CACC! All will be dancing to help donate the defibrillator of the hour – in memory of Corporal Randy Payne, killed in Afghanistan in 2006. Cpl. Payne’s parents will be in attendance.
As well, there will be a silent auction is loaded with high end items to bid on! Currently, the Fund is preparing for defib donations 59, 60 and 61 before the event! If you have never been, please check out www.dwts911.com today and come see what all the fuss is about!
Did you know that October is Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) month? 1 student dies every 3 days because of SCA. Learn more about what Rescue 7 and the Chase McEachern Memorial Fund are doing to prevent these sudden young deaths below. You can also educate yourself on how to monitor your child’s health here, with the help of Parent Heart Watch.
Protect yourself and those you love from Sudden Cardiac Arrest by always having an AED on hand. For the remainder of October, purchase a Rescue 7 AED and get the round-top cabinet for only $225 (retail $299)!
We are proud to hear that our Newfoundland team member, Gerry Locke, was one of 8 honoured with the Firefighters of the Year Award! He is one of the good ones!