STOP HARM & VIOLENCE
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires employers to develop, implement and maintain policies and programs regarding workplace violence and harassment (WVH). Rescue 7 Inc.’s STOP HARM & VIOLENCE course was developed in compliance with the new provincial government OHSA regulations of Bill 168 and Bill 132. The course provides participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies on how to effectively manage workplace violence and harassment incidents.
All employers, supervisors and workers in Ontario.
- Professional protection & management of Persons in Crisis
- Dealing with harassment – types of harassment, strategies to deal with harassment – Anger and how to protect and manage –Racism & Sensitivity – Cultural awareness and response
- Application of personal values and ethics
- Strategies and Tactics for a Medical and Non-Medical crisis
- Legal issues
- Verbal and physical disengagement tactics
- Communication and awareness strategies and tactics
3.5 or 7 hours of curriculum time based on clients needs