Standard First Aid with CPR & AED (Traditional)
In this two-day course, students will learn to recognize and provide interventions for life-threatening emergencies until medical aid arrives. This course gives participants a hands-on approach to learning new lifesaving skills. The Standard First Aid course is geared towards educating citizens about the prevention of emergencies and how to react to an emergency should one arise.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease Management & Biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene Management
- Head, Spine and Pelvic Injuries
- Bleeding Management and Shock
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Airway and Breathing Emergencies
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED training
- Secondary Survey
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Poisons, Substance Abuse and Misuse
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
This course is approved federally by Employment and Social Development Canada (
Rescue 7 Inc. Recertification Policy
Rescue 7 Inc. Regulations state that:
- Your certification must still be valid on the date of recertification- no exceptions.
- Current certification must be from the Rescue 7 Inc.
- Recertifications can only be taken once, after which time you must register for a full course
Rescue 7 staff will be safely returning to our offices effective Monday, June 1, 2020.
Rescue 7 is available to support your return to work programs with the following products and services:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) – gloves, masks, sanitizer and additional PPE products are available
- Return to Work PPE Kits – welcome your employees return to the office with a personal PPE kit
- N95 Mask Fit Testing – as mandated by Health Canada, Rescue 7 is certified in N95 mask FIT testing
- COVID-19 Site Assessments – Rescue 7 can review your office space for adherence to guidelines
Please reach out to us with any inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rescue 7 Inc.