Standard First Aid with CPR & AED (Blended e-Learning-Online)
First aid has traditionally been taught entirely within the classroom but people learn in different ways and at different speeds. This approved Blended eLearning Standard First Aid with CPR & AED course has been designed so that you can complete it at your own pace, in your own time. Not only will you learn more effectively but you will also have more fun learning.
This course has two components:
- An online first aid theory component
- A classroom based first aid practical skills component
The online component covers all relevant theory you need to complete before taking the practical training session. Each module will be thoroughly explained with minimal technical terminology and include a helpful review section. The theory component may take up to eight hours to complete, depending on your knowledge base but note that you do not have to finish all of the theory in one seating (one module a day is the recommended pace to maximize learning). You can log into and out of the course as you please. If you are interrupted, just log out and log back in when you have more time and your place in the course will be maintained.
You must complete the online theory before you can participate in the classroom practical training session. We recommend that you aim to finish the online theory at least one week before your practical training session. The whole course, including the online and in class components, must be completed within 30 days. If you have any questions while working on the theory component, you can e-mail us from within the course and we will endeavor to respond within 24 hours.
Once you have completed your theory course you are ready for your practical training. Rescue 7 will booked the Day-2 Practical Training session and then thirty (30) days prior to the Day-2 Practical Training, on-line access codes will be issued to the client. At the practical training session, an accredited instructor will be able to answer any questions that you have as a result of the theory course and will then demonstrate a number of first aid techniques including: emergency scene management, and treatment for shock, unconsciousness, fainting, adult choking, severe bleeding and much more. Participants attending the Day-2 practical training will be given a Day-2 recap quiz to review everything that was covered online, and only those with a passing mark will be able to participant in the practical training session. The minimum passing mark on the Day-2 recap quiz is 50 percent.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease management & biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene management
- Head, spine and pelvic Injuries
- Bleeding management and shock
- Cardiovascular emergencies
- Sudden medical conditions
- Airway and breathing emergencies
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED training
- Secondary survey
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Poisons, substance abuse and misuse
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Complete the applicable online session. *Participants must present their online certificate to the classroom instructor. Achieve a mark of at least 80 percent on the online theory quiz.
- Achieve a mark of at least 50 percent on the Day-2 recap quiz.
- Attend and participate in the practice training session.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Achieve a mark of at least 80 percent on the Day-2 final quiz.
Certificate of completion
Participants who successfully complete the Blended Learning course will receive a Standard First Aid, CPR & AED certificate. This blended Learning First Aid certification is valid for three (3) years.
On-line Session: Approximately 4-5 hours
Practical Training Session: Instruction Time (4-6 hours)
WSIB of Ontario (Regulations 1101), WorkSafe Alberta, OHS Manitoba, WHSCC New Brunswick, OHS Nova Scotia and WCB PEI.