Emergency First Aid with CPR & AED (Blended e-Learning-Online)
First aid has traditionally been taught in a classroom style but at Rescue7 Inc. we know that people learn in different ways and at different speeds. Our approved Blended Learning Emergency First Aid with CPR & AED training session has been designed so that you can complete it at your own pace, in your own time. Not only will you learn more effectively but you will also have more fun learning.
The course has two components:
- A first aid theory “Online” Component
- A first aid practical classroom skills session Component
The on-line course covers all relevant theory the participant needs to complete before taking the practical training session. Each of the modules will be thoroughly explained with minimal technical terminology and include a helpful quick review section. The theory may take two to three hours to complete, depending on knowledge base but remember – you do not have to do the theory all in one go (a module a day is probably the fastest you would want to complete to maximize your learning). You can come and go as you please with this theory component so if you are interrupted just log out and log back in when you have more time.
You must complete the On-Line Theory Based Session before you can participate in the Practical Training session. We recommend that you aim to finish it at least a week before your practical training session. If you have any questions while working on the course you can e-mail us using the contacts screen and we will endeavor to answer you within 24 hours.
Once you have completed your theory course you are ready for your Practical Training session. Rescue 7 will booked the Part-2 Practical Training session and then thirty (30) days prior to the Part-2 Practical Training, on-line access codes will be issued to the client. At this Practical Training session an accredited Rescue7 Inc. instructor will be able to answer any questions that you have as a result of the theory course and will then demonstrate a number of techniques, including: emergency scene management, shock, unconscious and fainting, adult choking, severe bleeding and much more. Participants attending the Part-2 Practical Training will be given a Part-2 recap quiz to review everything the participant learned online, and only those with a passing mark will be able to participant in the Practical Training session. Passing mark on the Part-2 Recap Quiz is least 50 percent.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease Management & Biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene Management
- Head, Spine and Pelvic Injuries
- Bleeding Management and Shock
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Airway and Breathing Emergencies
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED training
- Complete the applicable online session. *Participants must bring on-line certificate for instructors to cross reference against class list given by Rescue 7 Inc.
- Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions of the online quiz.
- Correctly answer at least 50 percent of the questions of the Part-2 Recap Quiz.
- Attend and participate in the practice training session for the course.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills listed on the within the instructor’s manual
- Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions of the Part-2 Final Quiz.
Participants who successfully complete the Blended Learning course will receive the corresponding Emergency First Aid, CPR & AED certificate. Blended Learning certification is valid for: three (3) years for First Aid.
On-line Session: Approximately 2 hours
Practical Training Session: Instruction Time (4 hours)
WSIB of Ontario (Regulations 1101), WorkSafe Alberta, OHS Manitoba, WHSCC New Brunswick, OHS Nova Scotia and WCB PEI.