Basic Marine First Aid (BMFA)
In this two-day Marine Basic First Aid course, students will learn to recognize and provide interventions for life-threatening emergencies until medical aid arrives. This course gives participants a hands-on approach to learning new lifesaving skills. The Basic Marine First Aid program is designed to train individuals working aboard ships. It is required by: Any person who wants to obtain a rating certificate or endorsement or who wants to obtain a Master or Chief Mate Limited certificate; the person designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near coastal voyage, class 2 or sheltered waters voyage.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease Management & Biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene Management
- Head, Spine and Pelvic Injuries
- Bleeding Management and Shock
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Airway and Breathing Emergencies
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED training
- Secondary Survey
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Poisons, Substance Abuse and Misuse
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Introduced to pharmacology and other advanced topics/interventions for the marine industry
This course is approved federally by Transport Canada (TP 13008E). The certification is valid for five (5) years from the date of course.
Rescue 7 staff will be safely returning to our offices effective Monday, June 1, 2020.
Rescue 7 is available to support your return to work programs with the following products and services:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) – gloves, masks, sanitizer and additional PPE products are available
- Return to Work PPE Kits – welcome your employees return to the office with a personal PPE kit
- N95 Mask Fit Testing – as mandated by Health Canada, Rescue 7 is certified in N95 mask FIT testing
- COVID-19 Site Assessments – Rescue 7 can review your office space for adherence to guidelines
Please reach out to us with any inquiries at email@example.com.
Rescue 7 Inc.