BLS Provider Level C
BLS teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in pre-hospital and in-facility settings. This course is designed to teach candidates the skills of CPR for all ages (including ventilation with a barrier device and a bag-mask device), use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), and relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (FBAO).
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease Management & Biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene Management
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Management – Airway, Breathing & CPR (Adult, Child, Infant, 2-person rescue)
- Oxygen Administration (overview)
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals. Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
This course follows the ILCOR 2015 guidelines. Certification is valid for 3 years. Annual re-training is recommended.