JOB POSTING: Assistant Director of Training
An Assistant Director supports the Director of Training, by managing and training instructors, developing/revising programs and tracking feedback of Rescue 7 Inc.’s training programs. The Assistant Director’s job description requires strong leadership qualities and excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to think creatively. Intent of this position is to shadow the Director of Training until the transition to Director of Training is completed (within 3-6 months).
- Assist with the hire new instructors and conduct instructor training courses.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing training/workshops and personal development classes for instructors.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain and manage instructor files and electronic files.
- Maintain Approvals for training courses.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation relevant to training and disseminate any new requirements appropriately to colleagues.
- Organizing and instruction of training materials in company (also include e-learning).
- Analyze training needs to develop new programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Directs the implementation of policies and procedures related to various training programs.
- Manage and maintain training equipment and training manuals.
- Approval of instructor invoices.
- Teach courses three plus days weekly.
- Customer service for course/product related questions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of seven years demonstrated expertise in the areas of advance knowledge of First Aid regulations throughout Canada. EMS background required.
- Minimum of seven years of management experience including leadership, administration, supervision of staff, and program development/evaluation.
- Experience in developing training programs.
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation in such areas as health, privacy, freedom of information, workplace safety.
- Ability to work independently when required and exercise sound judgement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs.
- The ability to work flexible hours.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided).
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Performing administrative activities
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Making decisions and solving problems
Your salary is payable bi-weekly and your payroll cheque will be issued on the Thursday of the payroll week. Travel is required – automobile expense and travel expenses are covered.
Your hours of work are based on the normal operating hours of the Rescue 7 Inc. and are expected to be for 8:00am to 4:00pm; five days per week, from Monday to Friday with one half hour paid lunch break. On occasion, evening and weekend shifts may be required.